Monday, April 1, 2013

Currently Reading - April 2013

February's reading did not go as planned. I had hoped to read EVERNEATH, LOST VOICES, TIGER LILY, and NOBODY BUT US.

But then Agent Lauren tweeted me and told me I had to drop everything to read JELLICOE ROAD (which was soul shattering and worth every moment). And then I got an ARC of Amanda Sun's INK (THE PAPER GODS). And then I realized I wanted to read Rebecca Serle's WHEN YOU WERE MINE.

Then GoodReads started nagging me that I was behind schedule and wasn't going to make my reading goal for the year AND OH MY GOD!!! I can't read all the things! I shouldn't be this stressed about reading books!


Oh, and did I mention I also knocked out a revision on my own manuscript? Booya!

SO

We're going to try this again...



  • EVERNEATH, Brodi Ashton
  • NOBODY BUT US, Kristin Halbrook
  • TIGER LILY, Jodi Lynn Anderson
  • and I'm throwing in THE RAVEN BOYS, Maggie Stiefvater just for good measure.


What are you reading this month?

PS-- Make sure you put INK on the top of your TBR stack. It was sooooo good.


2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Valerie has read 11 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

2 comments:

  1. Well, I was just feeling fairly accomplished until I saw that all four of the books in your photo I'd like to read and haven't, AND I'm dying to read Ink.

    I've been reading a lot of romance (of the non-YA variety); Courtney Milan, and currently, First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones (hilarious and awesome). I also read two manuscripts last week alone :) which should really count in that Goodreads tally!

    Like you, I get a little stressed that I will never be able to read all the books I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend TIGER LILY. I finished it before my post went live and LOVED it.

      I'll have to trade romance recs with you sometime! All of my reading has been YA focused and I might need to switch it up soon :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...