Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Writers Like Us - Zoraida Cordova

I'm so excited to have Zoraida Cordova on the blog today to share her Writers Like Us answers. I just started reading THE VICIOUS DEEP to kick off my mermaid reading binge and I absolutely love it. Tristan is a fantastic main character and I love reading a mermaid story from a guy's POV.

Her answers are below in bold. Let us know what makes Zoraida like you in the comments.

Zoraida on Writing
  • I've written 5 books, and 2 have seen the light of day.
  • My favorite type of scene/character/setting to write is quirky.
  • No matter how long I've been writing, I still have issues with love.
  • A typical comment from my critique partner is WHY?!
  • The book I wished I wrote is WHITE CAT.

Zoraida on Getting Published
  • If my agent really knew how crazy I was, she would find out she already knows, and yet she still keeps me around! 
  • The craziest thought I've ever had while writing is "How do I blow shit up underwater?"
  • When I got "The Call," my first thought was "Really?"
  • When I saw my book sale in Publishers Marketplace, I smiled like the Joker.

Zoraida on Life Outside Publishing
  • If I weren't a writer, I'd probably be Indiana Jones.
  • (not so) Secretly, I'm terrified of falling.
  • My secret boyfriend is DAVID BOUDIA.
  • Sometimes, when no one is around, I DANCE.

Zoraida Córdova was born in Guayaquil, Ecuador. She made her way up north and now works in the glittering New York City nightlife. She likes shiny things like Christmas, merdudes, and the skyline at night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...