Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Writers Like Us - CJ Redwine

If you really need a reason to love CJ Redwine, let me point you to her blog. Specifically this post or this one or even this one. If you need another reason, how about because she wrote DEFIANCE. What about a third reason? Oh, because she's doing Writers Like Us this week!


Her answers are below in bold. Let us know what makes CJ like you in the comments.

CJ on Writing

  • I've written 6 books, and 2 have seen the light of day.
  • My favorite type of scene/character/setting to write is damaged characters trying to save the day.
  • No matter how long I've been writing, I still have issues with knowing exactly where to begin the story.
  • A typical comment from my critique partner is "are you sure you started in the right place?"
  • The book I wished I wrote is The Girl of Fire & Thorns by Rae Carson.


CJ on Getting Published

  • If my agent or editor really knew how crazy I was, she would find out well ... since I post my craziest stunts on my blog on a regular basis, I think both my agent & my editor know exactly how crazy I really am. :) Also, in my first conversation with my fabulous editor, the first thing out of my mouth was "Last night I had a dream that I showed up at Harper Collins dressed as a llama! I mean ... hi."
  • When I was querying, I felt determined. I just kept writing the next project while querying my current one because the best way to succeed in this business is to keep writing.
  • The biggest mistake I ever made querying was querying too early. Most first books aren't the one you should query!
  • The craziest thought I've ever had while being published is "Why did I agree to write a trilogy? Maybe I should just kill everyone off in book two."
  • When I got "The Call," my first thought was relief and disbelief. I just laid my head down and cried. I'd been with my agent for two years. This was the third book we'd subbed, and I fully expected it not to sell either.
  • When I saw my book sale in Publishers Marketplace, I screen capped it and tried to believe that this was really happening.


CJ on Life Outside Writing

  • If I weren't a writer, I'd probably be a professional book reviewer. Or a ninja. Or BOTH.
  • Secretly, I'm terrified of moths! Gah! Fluttery little agents of Satan.
  • My secret girlfriend/boyfriend is Benedict Cumberbatch. I mean ... have you HEARD him speak? Yes.
  • Sometimes, when no one is around, I crank up Shinedown and sing at the top of my lungs.

1 comment:

  1. I thought you already WERE a ninja. Ahhh...the first rule of Ninja Club is you don't talk about being in Ninja Club.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...