Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Agents Like Us - Uwe Stender

Agents Like Us asks agents all their deep, dark agenting secrets. This week, Uwe Stender of TriadaUS Literary Agency is here! He's actively looking for YA, Middle Grade, Women's Fiction, Literary Fiction, and Mysteries. You can find his submission guidelines here, and him tweeting under @UweStender.

Uwe's answers are below in bold. Let us know what makes him like you in the comments!


Uwe on Agenting
  • When writers query me, I really wish to find strong writing.
  • My favorite part about being an agent is the "high" of discovery.
  • Rules and trends aside, what I really look for in a story is an amazing story.
  • Whenever I make a book deal, I go for a run, as my adrenaline skyrockets and I need to settle down again.
  • I really wish I saw more mysteries (adult, YA, middle grade) in the slush.

Uwe on Clients
  • My ideal client would be creative and passionate.
  • What I love most about my current clientele is their excitement for their writing.
  • What I want most for any client is for them to be happy in their life. 

Uwe on Life
  • If I weren't an agent, I'd probably be a music producer.
  • My favorite (non-client) book is right this second: “Eleanor and Park.”
  • Secretly, I'm terrified of hospitals.
  • My secret girlfriend is Alina Süggeler (from the German band Frida Gold).
  • I have a total bromance with Bradley Cooper.
  • Sometimes, when no one is around, I ask my dog how her day was.
  • My favorite drink is a Brendan B. Gin and Tonic.
Next Week's Agent: Katie Grimm!

6 comments:

  1. This was interesting. I've seen Uwe around, probably on AgentQuery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surfing net and fortunately came across this site and found very interesting stuff here. Its really fun to read. I enjoyed a lot. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information. Book publishing companies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always looking for some free kinds of stuff over the internet. There are also some companies which give free samples. But after visiting your blog, I do not visit too many blogs. Thanks. http://www.actibusinessschool.co.za/activity/p/261901/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. 강남셔츠룸

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a really great contest and hopefully I can attend the next one. It was alot of fun and I really enjoyed myself.. 레플리카쇼핑몰

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always looking for some free kinds of stuff over the internet. There are also some companies which give free samples. But after visiting your blog, I do not visit too many blogs. Thanks. https://keeneusd.granicusideas.com/ideas/your-medikart

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...