Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Hayley's Story

Two years ago, my best friend got sick. What started as a hospital stay for some strange symptoms became a two year battle for an answer. Hayley was diagnosed with vasculitis, a rare disease that has few treatment options and little recognition (not even when a former GhostBuster died from it earlier this year). I'll let her explain in her own words.

What do you do when your friend gets sick? With half a country between us, there wasn't a lot I could do from Philadelphia while Hayley suffered in Alabama. I couldn't rush to her side or sit in the hospital to keep her company or help her at home. I tried my best: I mailed books and presents, sent balloons, checked in as much as I could. It could never, ever be enough.

My friendship with Hayley has taught me a lot about faith. Faith that life truly won't give you more than you can handle. Faith that a simple prayer can make the biggest difference. Faith that true friends won't leave you in your time of need.

I can't do much for Hayley. I can't find a cure or alleviate any of her pain, but I can help share her story and donate to the fund set up to help her in this time of need. If you feel it in your heart, please help my friend.


1 comment:

  1. Valerie, the way I can help is through prayer...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...