Tuesday, October 13, 2015

In Search Of YA Books for Women's Shelter

This morning, I donated a ton of books to my local women's shelter. I gave a lot of romance, historical romance, young adult and commercial fiction, and the residents and staff were so excited to get it! Before, they only had text books to read.

While I was there, I was so touched by the friendly staff and how eager they were to fill their empty shelf with books. One of the residents had a special request--she wants to read Twilight.

When I checked in with the director, she said her residents have been asking for the Twilight and Harry Potter series.

Blog readers, can I ask for your help? I'd really love to collect and donate the following books for this women's shelter. They are a non-profit shelter for homeless, pregnant women and their newborn. I was told the residents love to read, especially while they are nursing.

Here's what I need (number of copies is indicated in parenthesis)*:

From the Twilight Series
Twilight (1)
New Moon (0)
Eclipse (1)
Breaking Dawn (1)

From the Harry Potter Series 
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (0)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (0)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (1)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (1)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (1)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (1)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (1)

From the Divergent Series
Divergent (1)
Insurgent (1)
Allegiant (1)

From the Hunger Games Series
The Hunger Games (0)
Catching Fire (0)
Mockingjay (0)

Please help me spread the word and if anyone has a book or two to donate, please contact me via Twitter (@ValerieColeYA) or email (ValerieFM at gmail dot com).

*As donations come in, I will update the numbers above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...